Tuesday, 1 March 2011

hAnglar stAnglar - Girl holding rose

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! I'M BACK AT IT!!!

I have managed to make a card, the first since before Christmas and now I know the reason why it has taken me so long. I cleared all my crafting stash away from the Lounge to the bedroom for the festive season and could not bear to fetch it all back down again. I decided what I would need for the card and took it downstairs. It has taken me two nights to make it as I was up and down stairs like a yo-yo for bits and pieces. I will never make another card under these circumstances again, so I need to sort something out.

Do I craft in the Lounge or do I craft upstairs??



I have also decorated the inside of the card ...........


The image is from hAnglar and stAnglar which I adore, she has been coloured using promarkers. The backing papers are Botanical range from Prima and the circle diecut is a Marianne Design. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts which have been touched up with a glimmer mist spray and brushed with Walnut Stain Tim Holtz distressing ink. The sentiment is a Tim Holtz Adage Ticket. The seam binding ribbon, corner silver embellishment and pearls are from my stash.

I have made this card for the following challenges:

Craft Mad & Loving It Sketch Challenge # 32 set by Blodwyn35, the theme being "All that glisters, glistens, shimmers, sparkles, twinkles, shines..."

Papertake Weekly - anything goes.

Wild Orchid Challenge - anything goes.

Stamp Something - theme is "Something with flowers".

Sweet Stampin Challenge - theme is "Oh so girly".

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C76 - theme is "flowers".

7 comments:

  1. Oh Georgie it's beautiful. Def craft down stairs so bring all your bits back down that way you can sit in comfort and watch tv while you craft lol anyway glad to see you card making again take care
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey Georgie, you're back, I have missed you. Good to see you creating again and I love the card, woo hoo.
    I have the small box room as a study cum craft room and I sit up here every night, but I have just bought a new laptop so that when I blog and comment etc I will be able to do that downstairs, then I will have the best of all worlds.
    Hope you are well.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ab fab Georgie and yes, you NEED to sort out where you will craft - we can't have you going missing for months again! Missed ya

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, just love the image you have used and your lovely papers.

    Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card...love the colour combo and layout. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that's so very pretty with so many details, I love them all! Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. George you have really outdone yourself, that is beautiful. Hope you are all well ....
    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete